The International Academy of Kuwait has a strong tradition of teaching
mission & vision
The International Academy of Kuwait is a school committed to academic excellence through personalised learning for every student academic learning needs where:
- Rigorous goal setting is linked to quality assessment of learning outcomes.
- Lessons are enjoyed and students are supported beyond the classroom in their journey to adulthood.
- Students are developed to be active thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Students, staff, parents and the wider community share a close connection.
- Students are happy, challenged and rewarded.
- We develop a deep respect for Kuwait’s religious and cultural norms.
- We will aspire to excel.
who we are?
about IAKThe International Academy of Kuwait has a strong tradition of teaching in English and providing high quality learning and teaching programes, using experienced and qualified teachers from around the world. We serve a multi-cultural and multi-national student body, with an emphasis on academic excellence based on the Curriculum of England and Cambridge framework leading to the IGCSE examinations. Our student population of over almost 2000 students comprises mainly local ex-patriate Arab families as well as Kuwaiti nationals.
Open Door Policy
IAK welcomes and encourages students from a diverse background of nationalities and religions to apply. Anybody who knows IAK will know that there is a commitment from our students, staff and the wider community, to values such as tolerance, compassion, honesty, trust and most of all, respect for one another.
the curriculum is divided into five areas
|Area||Section Of The School||Year Groups||Age Of Students||External Exams|
|Foundation Years||Early Years||Kindergarten Reception||3,4|
|Key Stage 1||Primary School||Year 1 & Year 2||5, 6|
|Key Stage 2||Primary School||Year 3, 4, 5, 6||7, 8, 9, 10|
|Key Stage 3||Secondary School||Year 7, 8, 9||11, 12, 13|
|Key Stage 4||Secondary School||Year 10 & Year 11||14+||Y11, IGCSE|
|Key Stage 5||Secondary School||Year 12||16+||Y12 , AS/AL|